Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Red Rover, Red Rover, Let Madden ROLL OVER!!!

So the past 4 mornings Madden wakes us up as usual....however...he is now facing UP! He has been a tummy sleeper ever since we brought him home from the hospital (I know they tell you not to, but that's how he would fall asleep, so why mess with what he prefers?!?!) anywho...he now rolls over almost everytime he wakes up!
He has rolled over before this, but those times were only because we would put him down for tummy time and he would get so mad that he flipped over!
The first morning he did it, I think it startled me and him! He was still screaming just like it was an accident. But the next morning he was talking and playing! When I heard this, I decided that he was letting me sleep longer...then he screamed!
I will say this...it is much easier to pick him up out of his crib when he is face-up, than when he was on his tummy and crying for me to get him.
Madden is now 3 months old...it's crazy! We have decided that he is an amazing baby! I was recently reading some other mom's blogs and some interent postings on babies and pacifers/bottles, etc. and how their babies would only drink from certain bottles, and some wouldn't even take a paci.
Madden, on the other hand, doesn't care where the milk comes from, as long as it's warm! I am nursing him, but for those times when he gets a bottle, he doesn't care what kind of nipple it has on it, as long as something comes out! Same goes for the paci...we have 3 different kinds and at any moment I can pull any one of them out of my diaper bag, and he will take it!
So like I stated, he is an amazing baby!
He is a mover! He does not like to be in one spot for very long, unless we are outside. If you are holding him, he will rarely let you sit down for longer than 45 seconds. To remedy this and save my back, I have on occasion, been known to drive him around the house in his stroller! He's a fan! I wish I could take him on a walk outside during the day, but it is just WAY too HOT!
He has his nighttime routine now...he came up with it himself! Just before his last feeding I will give him his bath (it just so happened that around this time he would either have a ridiculously large #2, or he would spit up all over himself), then I will nurse him, then he winds himself down and grandmommy will usually rock him to sleep. Tonight, he went to bed at 8.
I'm super excited for what's to come with our little man...so till next time! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment