Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Married-Life Lesson #4


Well my first attempt at this blog was cancelled....BOO. So here it is again!

Matthew and I like to bet on things together, usually on the most random things ever! There are more than these, but these are the most notable ones!

For Example: The first time we went grocery shopping together, after we came back from the honeymoon, we decided to guess how much the total bill was going to be! Matthew came up with some absurd amount, in the area of $135.00! ( our cart wasn't even half way full!) My guess was somewhere around $75.00 (I think--I mean it has been almost 2 months!!!)

The Wager: Loser had to cook for a week.
Grand Total: $65.00! Erin wins!(no penalty for going over) And technically Matthew didn't really lose because he likes to cook anyway!

Bet #2: Second trip to the Grocery Store
By this time we had accumulated tons of coupons from the Sunday papers and had a $10 off coupon that we receive quite frequently from our HEB! (yes....we love coupons!)

The Wager: Loser had 1 week of dishes.

Matthew's bet: $85.00
Erin's Bet: $57.00

Grand Total: $57.02!
I think the check-out lady probably thought I was insane after my public display of excitement from winning the "grocery game" again! After this trip we decided that if the TV show "Supermarket Sweep" was still on air, I would totally win!

Bet #3: We went to the movies last night and saw "Taking Woodstock" (It was o.k...I recommend you wait till it comes on HBO if you were wanting to see it.)
Anyway, Matthew said that one of the actors (I don't know his name but he was Denny on Grey's Anatomy and he was in P.S. I Love You) was Javier Bardem from No Country For Old Men.
I said no he wasn't, and Matthew still claimed that he absolutely was!

So we got home and googled it.

The Wager: Loser had to drive for 2 weeks (whenever we go somewhere I usually drive, and don't always like to!)

The Winner: We had to go to the bank this afternoon....Matthew drove.

Married-Life Lesson #4: As Matthew always says about poker..."It's not gambling when you know you're going to win!"
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment